Amish Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes Servings: 6
All of the flavors of a bacon cheeseburger in an easy one-pot casserole!
This is a delicious meal that can be made quickly and with some fresh baked bread, makes a filling supper.
- 8 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook the bacon in a large pan over medium heat, about 5-7 minutes, set aside on paper towels to drain and drain the grease from the pan.
- Cook the ground beef and onion in the same pan over medium-high heat, about 5-7 minutes, and drain any excess grease.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, ketchup, mustard, worcestershire sauce and pasta, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer covered until the pasta is al dente tender, about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle on the cheese and simmer, covered until the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes, and serve garnished with the bacon.
Garnish with any of: fresh diced tomato, shredded lettuce, diced pickles, sliced green onions, or your favorite burger toppings.
You can also replace the ground beef with cooked chicken for a delicious alternative.
Click here to receive the FREE AMISH NEWSLETTER