Crispy Buttered Peach Fruit Cobbler
This is a great cobbler because of the delicious crispy top that stays crispy for a few days. It's terrific with vanilla ice cream and also makes wonderful leftovers with morning coffee!
Ingredients (Yields one 9"x13" cobbler)
|Peach Cobbler & Ice Cream|
- 2 lbs of fruit (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 oz (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cold
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Spread the fruit in the bottom of a 9"x13" casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and salt over the fruit.
- Use a whisk to mix all the dry topping ingredients together well in a medium bowl except for the egg.
- Break the egg right on top of the dry topping and stir in with a fork until it resembles a crumbly topping.
- Spread the topping evenly over the fruit
- Cut the butter into tiny 1/2" cubes.
- Dot the butter evenly along the cobbler topping.
- Bake for 1 hour until it is brown.