For the best results you really should try to make this salad the night before, it allows the flavors to really meld and permeate the pasta.
Best-Ever Amish Macaroni Salad
Serves: serves 15
- 1 lb macaroni
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 6 hard-boiled eggs (reserve 1 to slice for garnish, and chop the remaining 5)
- paprika, for garnish
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoons celery seed
- 1 table spoon dried parsley
- Cook macaroni as directed on package; drain and cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients so they are well-combined and smooth.
- In a large bowl, gently combine the macaroni, celery, carrots, onions, tomato, and 5 chopped eggs.
- Fold the dressing gently into the macaroni salad mixture.
- Place into your serving bowl and garnish with the reserved sliced egg and sprinkle with paprika.