Amish "In A Hurry" Chicken and Dumplings
Need a hot meal in a hurry?
This quick recipe creates a filling meal for 8 in only half an hour.
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cup milk
- 2 cup fresh or frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp butter (softened)
- 1 cup milk
- In heavy bottomed Dutch oven or large wide pot, over medium heat, add chicken broth, water, butter and all seasonings. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken breast into bite sized pieces. Add to soup mixture. Stir to combine and cover.
- Whisk together flour and milk. Slowly pour the mixture into broth, stirring constantly. Add fresh or frozen vegetables. Cover.
dumpling ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well with a fork. Remove
cover from stew and stir well. Drop dumplings into stew one tablespoon
at a time, use a 1 tablespoon scoop to make it even easier. Reduce heat
to simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Be sure to Visit The Amish