Amish Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, butter and vanilla until blended.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and cracker crumbs.
- Shape mixture into 16 eggs; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- Chill 30 minutes or until firm.
- On low heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Dip eggs in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off.
- Return eggs to baking sheets.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- If desired, decorate eggs with icing.
- Let stand until set.
- Store in airtight containers in refrigerator.
Join the Amish on Facebook
Learn More About The Amish and Amish Country at: www.visittheamish.com