Amish Hot Bacon SlawServed warm, this slaw is an excellent side to BBQ or other meat dishes.
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- salt and pepper
- Whisk together the vinegar, sweetener, olive oil, garlic paste, and celery seed; set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp then stir in the cabbage, carrots and onion; season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until cabbage wilts.
- Stir in the vinegar mixture and continue to cook until the vegetables are crisp tender and the liquid is about gone.
- Serve warm