Amish Cast Iron Skillet Blackberry Cobbler
Don't make this in anything but a big black skillet. It won't turn out the same!
Your favorite home-made pie crust or 1 box of 2 refrigerated pie crusts
2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
1 stick butter, melted
1⅓ cups sugar ½ cup flour
¾ cup sugar
½ stick butter, cut into small cubes
½ cup water
|Cast Iron Skillet Blackberry Cobbler|
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place one pie crust and place in bottom and up sides of 12 " cast iron skillet.
- Pierce bottom and sides of crust with a fork.
- Bake 7 minutes; remove from oven.
- Increase oven temp to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter, 1⅓ cups sugar, and flour.
- Put berries in bowl with butter/sugar/flour mixture; toss until berries are covered and mixture is crumbly.
- Gently pour berries into skillet; sprinkle water over berries.
- Place second pie crust over top of berries, sealing at the edges of the skillet.
- Scatter the small pieces of butter on top of the crust.
- Sprinkle ¾ cups sugar on top of crust.
- Cut tiny slits in top of pie crust.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes or until bubbly at edges and beginning to brown on top.
Learn More About The Amish and Amish Country at: www.visittheamish.com