A delicious potato stuffing recipe, just like the Amish make it in Pennsylvania Dutch country.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 cups mashed potatoes, at room temperature
- 2 to 3 cups stale bread cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon, or to taste, ground nutmeg
- Additional butter for dotting top (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and stir into the potatoes.
- Add the bread cubes and mix well.
- Sauté the onions and celery lightly in the butter, until clear but not brown.
- Add to potato mixture.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper to taste and nutmeg.
- Mix well and spoon into greased casserole.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, until top is golden.
Join the Amish on Facebook
Learn More About The Amish and Amish Country at: www.visittheamish.com